Burdock root has been valued across continents for thousands of years for its ability to purify blood and cool internal heat. Internally and externally, it has potent anti-inflammatory and antibacterial effects on the human body. Recent studies also show that burdock contains phenolic acids, quercetin and luteolin, which are all powerful, health-promoting antioxidants.
The dandelion plant is a powerful healer, used to purify the blood, settle digestion and prevent piles and gall stones, among other maladies. The fact is the greens of the humble dandelion provide 535 percent of the recommended daily value of vitamin K, which may be the most important source of any other plant-based food to strengthen bones, but may also play a role in fighting Alzheimer's disease by limiting neuron damage in the brain.
Dandelion greens also give the body 112 percent of the daily minimum requirement of vitamin A as an antioxidant carotenoid, which is particularly good for the skin, mucus membranes and vision. A flavonoid called zeaxanthin protects the retina from UV rays, while others, primarily carotene, lutein, and cryptoxanthin, protect the body from lung and mouth cancers.
Need more benefits? Dandelion greens are high in fiber, which helps your body shed waste. These greens also contain vitamins C and B6, thiamin, riboflavin, calcium, iron (crucial for generating red blood cells), potassium (to help regulate heart rate and blood pressure), and manganese. Other nutrients present in dandelion greens include folate, magnesium, phosphorus, and copper.
- Actively promotes cell regeneration, it helps wounds heal quicker, and makes recovery from illnesses occur faster.
- Fortifies one's immune system, leaving the person less likely to experience colds, flus, and other contractible illnesses.
- Assists in Keeping Eyes Healthy
- Has ten times the vitamin A concentration gram per gram of carrots.
- Reduces Inflammation
- Leading sources of Gamma-linolenic acid (GLA), one of the most powerful anti-inflammatory agents in nature.
- Gram per gram, it also has 26-times the calcium of milk, making it an excellent nutritional supplement for pregnant women.
- Improves the Digestive System
- Eases the passage of waste through the digestive system, thereby reducing stress on the entire system.
- Promotes healthy bacteria in the digestive system, and helps to improve the absorption of dietary nutrients.
- Helps the Body Detox Naturally
Spirulina has a very high concentration of chlorophyll, one of nature's most powerful detoxifying agents.
- Been shown to be effective at helping remove toxins from the blood, and it binds to heavy metals and radioactive isotopes
• Spirulina is very high in bio-available iron, making it beneficial to those with anemia or pregnancy, with reduced risk of constipation
• Spirulina is a good source of vitamins B-1(thiamine), B-2 (riboflavin), B-3(nicotinamide), B-6 (pyridoxine), B-9 (folic acid), B-12 (cobalamin), vitamin E, and vitamin K1 and K2
• It is also a source of potassium, chromium, copper, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, selenium, and zinc
• It has four times the antioxidant ability of blueberries
• A good source of protein: gram per gram more so than beef, poultry, fish, and soybeans
Many of Echinacea’s chemical constituents are, in fact, powerful immune system stimulators and can provide a significant therapeutic value. A few that you’re probably familiar with are essential oils, flavonoids, inulin, polysaccharides and vitamin C.
The University of Maryland Medical Center also reports that the portion of the plant that grows above ground is the most effective. Interestingly, in Germany, dietary herbs are regulated by the government, and above ground parts of the Echinacea purpurea species are actually approved as natural remedies for urinary tract infections, upper respiratory tract infections, colds and slow-healing wounds.
Our Bullies ( and our human kids) get a tablespoon of local, raw honey every day to help their bodies build a tolerance to the local pollen that is running a muck on sinuses.What makes raw honey so powerful at reducing allergies? One reason is because it contains bee pollen, which is known to ward off infections, allergies,and boost immunity. The bees living in your area go from flower to flower collecting pollen. It would make sense then that eating local raw honey will help build up your immunity to local pollen. Honey also contains many enzymes that support overall immune function.
Plantain has gained the greatest reputation and is probably best known for its wound healing properties.The astringent, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory effect of the plant makes it helpful in treating minor wounds, cuts, and scrapes.It can be applied directly to damaged skin in order to halt bleeding, speed up healing, stop itching and alleviate pain.In addition, the herb has been used to treat eczema, psoriasis, and first degree burns.
Plantain is considered helpful as a treatment for diarrhea, gastritis, colitis and other digestive ailments due to its astringent properties.The herb has been used to restore acid balance, to regulate gastric secretions and treat inflammation or irritations in the stomach and bowels.It has been used as a remedy for stomach and bowel infections, as well as urinary tract infections and because the herb has antispasmodic and demulcent effect it can be used to soothe irritation and reduce spasm.
Plantain reduces mucus secretion in the airways, which makes it helpful in treating colds, catarrh, sinusitis, lung and bronchial allergic conditions such as hay fever and asthma.As the herb also has antiseptic properties it can be used as a remedy for a sore throat, tonsillitis and coughs.
Nettle contains vitamins C and K, B vitamins, as well as minerals like calcium, magnesium and iron, to name a few. It also has amino acids and antioxidants, which may help fight free radicals.
•Helps detoxify the body. Nettle is a diuretic, which means that it helps in flushing out harmful chemicals and excess liquids from the body. This herb has also been called a “spring tonic,” which is a substance intended to cleanse the body of toxins.
•Promotes healthy blood circulation and cardiovascular health. Nettle contains iron and vitamin C. Vitamin C improves the body’s absorption of iron,which aids in alleviating anemia and fatigue.This herb also contains a considerable amount of potassium, a mineral that reduces tension in your arteries and blood vessels, lowering your risk for strokes.
•Alleviates allergic reactions. While physical contact with the nettle leaf can cause allergic reactions, the ingestion of nettle tea is known to help dampen the body’s response to allergens by binding with the body’s histamine receptors. It can aid in the prevention of rhinitis, or the inflammation of the mucous membrane in the nose.
•Reduces arthritis pain. The antioxidant properties of the nettle plant have been observed to help minimize inflammation. It can be used topically to help relieve joint pain as well
Raspberry leaf is naturally high in mineral content, magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, calcium, iron and b-vitamins and more. The tannins in raspberry leaf give it astringent properties which make it soothing both internally and externally. Red raspberry leaf tea is incredibly high in valuable vitamins such as vitamin A, B, C, and E.
● help relieve diarrhea. ● helping soothe stomach aches and cramps. ● has anti-inflammatory purposes. ● stimulate proper blood circulation. ● help heal internal illnesses and ulcers in the digestive system. ● help alleviate the symptoms of gingivitis or gum disease. ● help relieve diarrhea.